Do you love to work at the absolute cutting edge? Do you want to help make renewables more sustainable, and work in a rapidly-developing field? If you want to join a team where you can have a real impact on the development of the business, integrate your passion for advanced computing, and work in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
At ForeQast we apply advanced classical and quantum computing to solve the world’s toughest challenges. We are dedicated to building simulations of complex real-world systems that allow our customers to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware. Our top priority is to build optimization tools on hybrid quantum-classical systems for industrials: whether that’s to improve production for wind farms or streamline supply chains.
About the position:
ForeQast is seeking outstanding Operations Researchers for at least 4- to 6-month paid positions (starting from May 2021) for both part- and full-time employment. You can be either a student or a professional, and we’ll pay you appropriately. You will be one of the key researchers for projects that focus on building and testing novel classical methods combinatorial optimization and machine learning. You will work with software engineers to productize their applied research, and business people to bring use cases to production-ready code.
The goal of the collaboration is the development of an optimization and forecasting platform for our industrial clients, as well as publishing in high-impact journals. This project offers you an opportunity for getting hands-on experience in top-level industrially relevant research and development.
Key roles include:
- Work with engineers to develop core optimization algorithms
- Design and build machine learning and deep learning solutions to new problems.
- Provide technical feedback to support the team in how things should be built and deployed
- Advocate and implement the best practices to ensure the team is working effectively to deliver customer value while also constantly learning to remain up to date in a rapidly changing domain
- Answer important product and business questions by applying appropriate Operations Research methods
- Identify, propose and implement new metrics and opportunities for our clients that have tangible business impact
- Synthesize and apply relevant insights from academic literature on Operations Research to our products
- Collaborate effectively with product management, engineering, design and other stakeholders to deliver products that have a quantifiable impact on the business
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A degree in a related field (Data Science, Computer Science, Math, or a quantitative-related field) or equivalent professional experience.
- Proven track record overseeing optimization projects at all stages, from initial conception to implementation
- Experience in performing quantitative analysis, and presenting those findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with optimization packages: PuLP, Gurobi, AMPL, C-PLEX
- Experience in applying approximate solutions to NP-hard problems: genetics, annealing, B&B, etc.
- Experience in Python and possibly machine learning
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing data
- Working with business customers to define appropriate targets, metrics, and opportunities
ForeQast is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Seniority Level: Entry- to intermediate-level
- Industry: Computer software
- Employment Type: Paid internship (salary is competitive)
- Job Functions: Information Technology, Operations Research